Description: Another Fall favorite are roasted sunflower seeds. In the past year or so, they have become the rage. You find them everywhere, ball games, parties, outdoor activities or just an evening snacks. Such a great taste. It’s hard to believe how something this good can also be good for you.
|1 cup||Sunflower Seeds|
Note: For salt free sunflower seeds, rinse seeds and go straight to step # 7.
- Add water and salt in a pot or saucepan.
- Rinse sunflower seeds and remove any plant and flowerhead matter.
- Add sunflower seeds.
- Bring water to a boil, then turn down to simmer.
- Simmer 1 to 1/1/2 hours.
- Drain on a paper towel until dry. Do not rinse.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spread seeds on a cookie sheetand bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Remove from oven when they turn slightly brown.